Existential Ramble has moved: http://davidandpatrick.com/erblog/

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Press Capitulation

Senator Clinton Assails G.O.P. at Fund-Raiser - New York Times: "In some of her sharpest language, Mrs. Clinton said that abetting Republicans was a Washington press corps that has become a pale imitation of the Watergate-era reporters who are being celebrated amid the identification of the Washington Post source Deep Throat. 'It's shocking when you see how easily they fold in the media today,' Mrs. Clinton said, again to strong applause. 'They don't stand their ground. If they're criticized by the White House, they just fall apart. 'I mean, c'mon, toughen up, guys, it's only our Constitution and country at stake.' "
I have argued before, that the media has capitulated. Journalists at major so-called-news organizations are not actually investigating anything, never challenge anything they hear, take opinons for facts and rarely bother to find the facts. Let me be clear, I am not talking about this subject because they are not reporting along my political lines. I am talking about this subject because I don't feel that they are reporting at all. It isn't that I don't like what I am hearing in terms of content, it is the lack of content.

Find more posts in the monthly archives.