Existential Ramble has moved: http://davidandpatrick.com/erblog/

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Summary State of the Nation

Jesus' General: "Forgive me for interrupting, but for the last few hours I've been struggling with a post juxtaposing the Christian right's obsession with sexual morality and theocracy with their lack of concern about torture and murder. I can't finish. It's too painful to address satirically. I've been in a funk for the last few weeks. I'm absolutely horrified by what my country has become. Corruption has replaced the rule of law. The media has sold its watchdog role for a few pieces of silver and invitations to the ruling class' cocktail parties. The owners in our ownership society are rigging the system to enslave the rest of the population through debt. Worst of all, where we were once a nation that at least pretended to value human rights, we now celebrate torture and eagerly commit murder in the name of promoting freedom. America has lost its soul."
Eloquent, well stated discussion starter. Worth a moment to read and reflect.

Find more posts in the monthly archives.